Welcome back to school and to Rowan class. I am really excited about the fantastic things we are going to be doing this year.
All the children have settled into Year 4 extremely well and I am positive that we are going to have a successful year. Watch this space for news and photos of what we are doing.
Each night, the children will be set the following homework which should take 20 minutes and could include:
- Maths – to reinforce the learning in class.
- Reading – regular reading with your child will greatly benefit their progress in school. If your child is a fluent reader, talking to them about what they have read independently is more beneficial. Children can also practice their comprehension skills through readtheory.org. They all have individual log ins for this.
- Spelling – this could be an investigation into spelling rules, learning words with a particular phoneme, learning tricky words for a new topic or learning words that your child has spelt incorrectly in their general work.
- Other – this could be some research or writing to help any topic area.
www.ttrockstars.com - children have individual log ins for this
www.mymaths.co.uk - children have individual log ins for this
English – reading, spelling and grammar
www.bugclub.co.uk - children have individual log ins for this
www.spellingframe.co.uk Year 5 and 6 – some children will need to look at Year 3 and 4
www.spellingshed.co.uk - children have individual log ins for this
They will also be given Maths homework on a Friday to be completed by the following Friday.
Reading should be completed each night. Please read with your child, discuss the text and record in their reading record. Thank you :-)
Suggested Activities for NEU strike day 01/02/2023:
- Read your reading book
- Write a book review about your reading book
- Maths Frame - Multiplication Check
- TT Rockstars
- Make a board game (the theme of your choice) and include some tricky questions such as multiplying a 3 digit number by a 1 digit number.
- Go for a nature walk with your adult and see if you can spot any creatures in their natural habitat
- Skipping/ball challenge - how many times can you skip before the rope catches? How many times can you throw a ball into a bucket/against a wall? Try and beat your score!
- P.E. with Jo Wicks on YOUTUBE