Our Vision & Values
We want our children to experience:
- a safe environment with secure boundaries;
- a forward thinking curriculum with activities to inspire and shape their thinking;
- challenges in which they can apply their perseverance and go on to succeed.
We want our children to BE:
- passionate and motivated about learning with inquisitive, creative minds;
- resilient risk takers who embrace challenge;
- critical thinkers who will grow up to be successful citizens of the future;
- happy, caring, inclusive and nurturing of others.
We want our staff to:
- be welcoming, visible and approachable;
- be positive and value everyone equally;
- provide stimulating learning experiences and guide children to succeed in all aspects of their development;
- encourage children to be resilient and independent.
We want our parents and carers to:
- support their children at home, in school and develop positive relationships with staff.
We want our governors to:
- to question, be reflective, supportive, professional and impartial;
- promote our Ashfield ethos.
Keeping our children safe and ensuring schools prepare them for life in modern Britain could not be more important. At Ashfield Primary School, we aim through our curriculum to teach children about
- the rule of law
- individual liberty
- mutual respect
- tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs
We will aim to embed fundamental British values. Actively promoting also means challenging pupils, staff or parents expressing opinions contrary to fundamental British values.
We will strive to:
- enable pupils to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence;
- enable pupils to distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law;
- encourage pupils to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative and understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality in which the school is situated and to society more widely;
- provide pupils with a broad general knowledge of public institutions and services in England;
- assist pupils to acquire an appreciation of and respect for their own and other cultures in a way that promotes tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions; and
- encourage pupils to respect the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
We want to create and enforce a clear and rigorous expectation to promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
We are proud members of the Collaborative Learning Trust. To find their vision and values, visit their website here.