So what is a digital leader? What do they do?
Well, Digital Leaders have been around for a while now but vary greatly from school to school. In the beginning, Digital Leaders mainly helped organise equipment, designed online safety posters and helped judge competitions but the role has now evolved and developed.
Overview of what Digital Leaders do:
- Help staff get computing equipment ready and organised (including charging laptops and Chromebooks)
- Deliver and help teachers deliver online safety curriculum to own class and other classes in the school
- Help produce and deliver assemblies about online safety and acceptable use of equipment, devices and programs (games)
- Demonstrate how to use technology in the classroom
- Demonstrate how to use everyday programs (Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Publisher) and easy to use website to other students and staff
- Demonstrate how to use apps and websites to enhance teaching and learning (Google Classroom, use of Class Dojo)
- Organise and judge competitions
- Try out and review new apps, websites and programs which could be used in lessons
- Help organise Safer Internet Day
- Interview and recruit new digital leaders