The Staff and Governing Body of Ashfield, insist that our children behave well.
- Our pupils make better progress when they behave well.
- Our pupils make better progress when other pupils behave well.
- Our staff can teach more effectively when our pupils behave well.
- Everyone feels safe and secure when pupils behave well.
- The Ashfield Golden Rules devised by the pupils are:
- Show respect
- Be kind
- Be honest
- Try your best
- Stay safe
- Good behaviour is rewarded, however intrinsic motivation to behave well is more important.
- Staff will promote healthy self esteem, a sense of purpose and enjoyment in pupils’ learning as this contributes to appropriate behaviour.
- The Home-School agreement will be reviewed by all parties. This will also happen for pupils new to school.
- It is essential that parents work positively with the school when dealing with behaviour problems.
- Extreme or persistently poor behaviour will ultimately lead to internal isolation or external exclusion.
- Rewards, once earned, are withdrawn only in extreme circumstances– the final decision will be at the discretion of the Headteacher.
- Bullying (including cyber, prejudice-based and discriminatory) will not be tolerated – see anti-bullying policy. Parents / carers will be informed. Records will be made of discriminatory behaviour and reported to governors.
- Child on child sexual violence and sexual harassment will not be tolerated. Parents / carers will be informed. Records will be made of discriminatory behaviour and reported to governors.